Software apps and online services
Need to get started with the Security Camera base project? Check out the post here!
This project is a continuation of the initial camera setup. Instead of storing and viewing the pictures locally, you may now add a OneDrive backup feature.
- Follow the first five steps in the "Initial Setup" section of the base project to set up your Raspberry Pi or MinnowBoard Maxi>
- If you plan to use a USB camera, refer to steps 6 and 7 in the "Initial Setup" section of the base project.
- If you choose to use an IP camera instead, refer to the "Camera Setup" section of the Security Camera add-on for IP cameras project.i>
OneDrive Storage Setup
- Go to the Microsoft account Developer Center and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Click "Create application"
- Choose a name for your application and your preferred language.
- You don't have to change anything in the Basic Information section.
- Click on "API Settings" in the left menu.
- Choose "Yes" for both Mobile or desktop client app and Restrict JWT issuing.
- Under “Redirect URLs”, enter "http://localhost:3000/oneDrive/callback”. The “Root domain” field should auto-populate with “localhost”. Save the changes.
- Next, click on "App Settings" in the left menu, and make a note of the client ID and Client Secret. They will be used when you configure the web app in the instructions below.
- Follow the "Software Setup" steps in the base project post to get the code and set up Visual Studio.i>
Running the Web App
- Use your web browser to navigate to http://<Your_Pi_IP_Address>:8000
Select Settings from the left panel.
Set StorageProvider to OneDrive.
- Enter the Client ID and Client Secret (noted in step 9 of the "OneDrive Storage Setup" section) into the OneDriveClientId and OneDriveClientSecret fields respectively.
- Hit save and apply.
- Select OneDrive from the left panel, and click on the OneDrive Login link. After you login with your OneDrive credentials, you will see a blank page.
Copy the URL on the blank page and paste it in the box on the OneDrive Config page.
- You should now be able to view your images on your OneDrive account!i>
Have an interesting setup of this project? Make any cool modifications when working on it? Let us know in the comments section below!