Goal: Make a cabinet with nfc based auth that unlocks it. Start with four parts bins that detect that something has been taken from it. Log it as having been consumed by the authenticated person. Build an api around this.
Pipe this data into some machine learning or historical analytics service and do cool things. "Who is losing all the damn 7/16 ratchets! " (That is a real problem in the world)
At a conference, this would dispense candy.
1. Build laser cut body ( will be designed in autodesk fusion 360 )
2. Add mechanical lock - using off the shelf parts
3. Laser cut or purchase standard parts bins, use nfc or some form of sensing (maybe just metal contacts?) to detect which bin is picked out and or if something has left the bin.
4. Build a simple front end and back end. Utilize ATT apis and resources.
5. Open sauce all the designs.