Let’s Get Started
First Download Code from Schematic Below and then follow the instructions
- Open aws.amazon.com and then choose ‘Create a Free Account’
- Follow the online instructions.
- You will need a Valid Credit Card to set up your account (you can use free tier)
- Sign in to your Console
- IMPORTANT: Select US East (N. Virginia) region (upper right). This is the only region that currently supports Alexa Skill development.
2. Select Lambda from Compute services (upper left)
3. Select “Create a Lambda Function” to begin the process of defining your Lambda function.
4. At the bottom of the ‘Select Blueprint’ page, create a basic function and upload zip file then modify app id in the code with the one from developer console
var APP_ID = 'amzn1.ask.skill......';
Skills are managed through the Amazon Developer Portal. You’ll link the Lambda function you created above to a Skill defined in the Developer Portal.
1. Open a new tab and go to the Developer Portal. Sign in or create a free account (upper right). You might see a different image if you have registered already or our page may have changed. If you see a similar menu and the ability to create an account or sign in, you are in the right place.
2. Once you’ve signed in, navigate to Apps & Services
3. Then select Alexa.
4. Choose Alexa Skills Kit:
5. Here is where you will define and manage your skill.
add publishing info skill images intent and sample utterance.
You can also use skill builder.
Test it by using one of sample utterance phrases and you should get a response as this either from aws function or from developer console itself.
Now it's time to submit your skill to certification.
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial.