Software apps and online services
M5-spooky-eye.py for M5Stick-C (160 x 80 pixels)
Written by email@example.comVersion 1.0 (October 2019)
- simple script to proof the idea and work
- Prepare M5Stick-C (1), pumpkin (1), 1" clear acrylic half sphere lens (1, available at Tap Plastic), carving knifes (2, long and short ), Scott tape, fine black Sharpe marker.
- Program the M5Stick-C for UIFlow. Connect to the stick and upload all photos.
- Program the M5Stick-C with the M5-spooky-eye.py
- Use the fine marker to outline the cut hole for M5Stick-C
- Use the carving knifes to cut thee hole for 2" deep
- Extract the foam or pumpkin flesh.
- Use the marker to mark the center of circle 1.25" from bottom and use the acrylic lens to mark the eye hole.
- Use the carving knifes to cut the hole. Make sure to cut the hole 1/8" smaller so the foam or flesh can hold the lens.
- Insert the lens. Insert and use your finger to adjust the lens via the stick hole
- Use a Scott tape to make a puller for the M5Stick-C. This will allow you to pull and extract the M5Stick-C from the pumpkin. You can also use tape and marker to darken the edges of the screen,
- Turn on and insert the M5Stick-C into the pumpkin.
- Enjoy the show!
To extract the M5Stick-C, pull the tape.
- Add speaker
- IMU function to control eye movement
- Allow to change eye by shaking the pumpkin
- Layers of eye iris, pupil, lip to simplify the images
- Use mic to wake eye