Software apps and online services
As with most great games, Tilt It! was created as a way to unwind. Spring 2020 has been a strange semester for many of us and our lives seem to have changed in an instant. When will things be normal again? Will they ever? It's uncertain, confusing times like these where we need games more than ever. Our mission became to fight boredom with a challenge.
Our answer to boredom? Tilt It! It may look simple, but don't be fooled: this game will test your memorization, reaction time, and accuracy. When the 7-Segment Display briefly shows a sequence of numbers, it's your job to remember and replicate it by pressing the specified buttons. Still sound easy? As an added challenge, the 7-Segment Display might show a U or a D, indicating that you must tilt the board up or down accordingly. If you get it right, the green LED will light up. If you fail, behold the red LED. And for a final level of complexity, it gets harder every time you succeed.
You can play Tilt It! solo or even keep your friends close in isolation by challenging them to beat your score. It's the perfect way to relax and have some fun. Do you have what it takes?
1. Turn on your laptop and connect your Launchpad to your laptop with the USB cable. It might be a good idea to open up Energia as well and make sure the laptop recognizes the Launchpad and that its connected to the correct port.
2. Connect your Breadboard BoosterPack to your Launchpad.
3. Follow the schematics diagrams above to properly wire the buttons, LEDs, 7-Segment Display, and Tilt Switch on your breadboard.
4. Open Energia and create a new Sketch.
5. Copy the code below into Energia and run it.