PIT is Photon Intensity Test specially desinged for plants.Why should we use this ?
With the help of the Bolt IoT module we can be able to set up a monitoring system to find out whether the plants are getting enough sunlight or not.How does this work ?
- We have to set up a monitoring system using the Bolt and place it near a plant.
- Later ensure that the Bolt WiFi module is powered up and has a WiFi connection. You can also use a power bank or a power supply extension along with an android charger.
- Let the system have the log data points for about 1 day and check when the plant get the maximum and minimum amount of light.Download the data, from the device view page.
- You can also plot a graph if needed.
- Share the document or record the document for future uses.
- Bolt Iot device
- 10ohms Register
- USB cable
Link the device to the bolt cloud account and create a product that is connected to your device.This step will transfer the configuration that we have created through the internet Bolt Wi-Fi module.
Click on the link button to link Bolt Wi-Fi module in your cloud account this will show the connected device and click on done.
Click on the configuration to configure Hardware. Select A0 and give a name.
/* Use the same name in the code */
Click on the code, give a file name and choose js as we are using Java Script.
Now save it, which will bring back to this page:
Click on deploy configuration it will pop a message hardware configuration deployed successfully as an alert message to your iot project and its ready to view the data which is collected by your device.
You can click on the view device it checks everything is being done correctly this will show you a table with the data. As I have chosen the sampling interval to be 5 minutes the value in the table will update every 5 minutes.
Thus the changes in the lighting conditions will vary the reading of the LDR.You can see the value change between day and night and your table will be filled with lots of data points every time you click on deploy and your configuration is deployed, one sensor value is pushed to the portal or accuracy multiple values in a very short time.