We all know a Raspberry Pi is a versatile little microcomputer. I've used it to control components of my house, water plants and monitor pets. All this time the Pi has saved me and I mostly squander it playing video games.
So, dear universe, allow me to present Mepitate. Using your own body's biofeedback loop and less than $40 worth of parts - you can enhance your mediation practice and reach enlightenment. You are welcome.
How it works?
- The Raspberry Pi is hooked up to a PIR motion sensor
- When it senses motion it sends a pre-recorded mediation mantra (mp3) through the audio jack
- User knows stillness is achieved when the mantra stops playing
How it really works?
In a process known as biofeedback, the Pi gives the user IoT level awareness of motion. This allows for a biofeeback loop - where the mind automatically strives to create stillness. The mantras are a bonus.
How to make one?
- Get a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
- Install Windows 10 IoT
- Connect PIR Motion Sensor (see schematic)
- Run Code (see github)i>