bfreeOrgan2bfreeOrgan2: An open-source Tonewheel Organ SynthesizerBy Franco Caspe ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
bfreeOrgan2 is a C++ coded, synchronous tonewheel organ synthesizer for the STM32F4 Discovery board and Linux.
I love the Hammond Organ! but as June 2019 there was no open-source homebrew box that implements a nice Drawbar Organ, so I decided to code one myself.
In the efforts of doing so, I learned a lot of efficient programming on C++ so I opted to create a base library to modularize the code, and to allow me to easily expand this project in the future, or to develop new synths.Scope
This project implements a modularly-coded tonewheel drawbar organ synthesizer, implemented on two different engines, each one in different branches.
- A Linux/ALSA testbench implementation.
- A STM32F4 Discovery Board Implementation.
- 10 voice Polyphony.
- Real time 9 Drawbar control.
- Chorus effect with adjustable Rate and Amplitude.
- Envelope and Optional Click Generator.
- Commands are controled over MIDI CC's. (See the MIDI mapping in utils/vmpk.ins)
- 16bit@48Khz Mono output.
Released under Apache V2.0 License.