Yun Motor is an Arduino Compatible shield that that easily interface with both Bluetooth and WiFi using an ESP8266 and HC-05 control your device anywhere.
Yun Motor is the easiest way to build an Internet Of Things (IOT) with the benefit of Arduino.
Do you want to do some project such as a drafting instrument, a 3D printer, an auto curtain or even a walking robot to let your Bluetooth/WiFi device to control them? If so, then this Yun Motor is for you! As we all know that regular DC motors are hard to drive, but with this stepper motor shield, you can easily drive 2 stepper motor via just 8 digital I/O’s. This board is compatible with the Arduino UNO R3. Directly supports Bluetooth Module HC-05 and ESP8266 WiFi. Easy connection of cables via screw PC terminals. Interfaces of the board include extension 6 channel Analog I/O and I2C. Due to this stepper motor shield use most of the Digital I/O pin; thus, If you want to use some of the Digital pins, you can easily unplug the SN754410 from IC socket and use those pins which are associating with the IC.
The driver IC is using the most popular SN754410 which is widely used in 3D printer and robotic. The SN754410 is able to control one bipolar stepper motor at up to 1A output current per coil. Here is the key features for SN754410 stepper motor drivers:
- Simple step and direction control interface.
- Capable of driving high voltage motors.
- Drives 4.5 V up to 36 V at 1A.
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (Fast decay or slow decay).
- Short-to-ground and short-load protection.
Completely stackable design: All the Arduino Pin can be stack to other Arduino shield. You can also insert the HC-05 to commutate control Yun Motor via your Bluetooth device. As well as ESP8266 WiFi module to control it from anywhere internet is available. What on earth could you do with this steppers motor? I have no idea but if you come up with something send me a photo because that would be a pretty glorious project.Features:
Let’s check out these specs again:
- Input voltage: 5-36V DC at 1A (Just power the stepper motor driver).
- Plug to connect cables, quick and easy.
- Digital I/O use by SN754410: D2, D3, D4, D5 and D6, D7, D8, D9 (Can be easily unplug IC socket to able more I/O pins) •
- 6 channel Analog I/O addition for Infrared/Servo/Motion sensors.
- Big terminal block connectors with easy hook up wires(14-24AWG) and power.
- Support Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- 4 easy jumper pin to able Bluetooth or Wi-Fi commutation.
Above are the final PCB designs after modifying for several times.
We can use the app inventor to build the android app to control the yun motor
P.S : I want to make this PCB design to the real Arduino market and to be fund it on Kickstarter, if there is any PCB manufacture company is interested in this project, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!