In this project, I've interfaced DHT11 with Arduino and then I'm sending data of DHT11 which is humidity and temperature to phpmyadmin database. Unlike our previous project we are not using any ethernet shield in this case, here we are just reading the serial data coming from Arduino and then pushing that to phpmyadmin through one php code. So here our device is connected to PC so that it can send data serially, you can also connect device to raspberry pi to make this project portable.
These are the software we have used for this project:
1. Arduino IDE: You can download the latest Arduino IDE from this link: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
2. Installation of XAMPP server: Here we are using XAMPP server it can be used both in windows and Linux, but my suggestion is that if you are in Ubuntu( Any Linux platform) then go with LAMP. Now since we are in windows so we have preferred XAMPP server. So you can download XAMPP server from this link.
Alternatively here are the steps for LAMP server:
1. Install Apache: sudo apt-get install apache2
2. Install MySQL: sudo apt-get install mysql-server
3. Install PHP: sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5
4. Restart Server: sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
5. Check Apache http://localhost/ you will get one apache page by click this above link if you did not get it means something went wrong with your installation
Here we are using PHPMYADMIN that is the web interface of MySQL server so for installing that use command:
sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin
3. Python IDLE : As we are using python code to push data to phpmyadmin so you have to download python idle, you can download the python tool from this link
apart from that you will also be needed some of the libraries to make it work such as pyserial and mysqldb. How to download these things, I've covered in my attached video please watch the whole video which is given below.
1) Arduino UNO: Arduino Uno is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega328P (datasheet). It has 14 digital input/output pins (of which 6 can be used as PWM outputs), 6 analog inputs, a 16 MHz quartz crystal, a USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header and a reset button.
2) DHT11 Sensor:
This DHT11 Temperature and Humidity Sensor features a calibrated digital signal output with the temperature and humidity sensor capability. It is integrated with a high-performance 8-bit microcontroller. Its technology ensures the high reliability and excellent long-term stability. This sensor includes a resistive element and a sensor for wet NTC temperature measuring devices. It has excellent quality, fast response, anti-interference ability and high performance.
Here for Arduino I've used one example code with a little update, that is DHTtester code, please watch the embed video about what I've changed on that example code, and one python code which is sending data to phpmyadmin, that you can find from Code section below.
The entire project description is provided in video above.
If you have any doubt regarding this project, feel free to comment us below.
And if you want to learn more about embedded system you can visit our YouTube channel
Please visit and like our Facebook page for frequent updates.
Thanks & regards,