- Displays the print status from OctoPrint Server
- Estimated time remaining
- Time Printing
- Percentage complete
- Progress bar
- Screen turns off when printer is turned off or disconnected
- Screen turns on when printer is Operational or connected
- Sample rate is every 60 seconds when not printing
- Sample rate is every 10 seconds when printing
- Fully configurable from the web interface (not required to update Settings.h)
- Supports OTA (loading firmware over WiFi connection on same LAN)
- Basic Athentication to protect your settings
- Video: https://youtu.be/niRv9SCgAPk
- Wemos D1 Mini: https://amzn.to/2qLyKJd
- 0.96" OLED I2C 128x64 Display (12864) SSD1306: https://amzn.to/2JDEAUF
- SDA -> D2
- SCL -> D5
- VCC -> 5V+
- GND -> GND-
It is recommended to use Arduino IDE. You will need to configure Arduino IDE to work with the Wemos board and USB port and installed the required USB drivers etc.
- USB CH340G drivers: https://wiki.wemos.cc/downloads
- Enter http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json into Additional Board Manager URLs field. You can add multiple URLs, separating them with commas. This will add support for the Wemos D1 Mini to Arduino IDE.
- Open Boards Manager from Tools > Board menu and install esp8266 platform (and don't forget to select your ESP8266 board from Tools > Board menu after installation).
- Select Board: "WeMos D1 R2 & mini"
Packages -- the following packages and libraries are used (download and install):
- ArduinoJson.h --> https://github.com/bblanchon/ArduinoJson
- WiFiManager.h --> https://github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager
- ArduinoOTA.h --> Arduino OTA Library
- "SSD1306Wire.h" --> https://github.com/ThingPulse/esp8266-oled-ssd1306
You can update the Settings.h file with your OctoPrint API Key or do it from the web interface.
* Get our OctoPrint API Key from your OctoPrint -> User Settings -> Current API Key
NOTE: The settings in the Settings.h are the default settings for the first loading. After loading you will manage changes to the settings via the Web Interface. If you want to change settings again in the settings.h, you will need to erase the file system on the Wemos or use the “Reset Settings” option in the Web Interface.Web Interface:
The Printer Monitor uses the **WiFiManager** so when it can't find the last network it was connected to
it will become a **AP Hotspot** -- connect to it with your phone and you can then enter your WiFi connection information.
After connected to your WiFi network it will display the IP addressed assigned to it and that can be
used to open a browser to the Web Interface. Everything can be configured there.