Below is a brief video overview of what this project is, and where it came from...
The software for this project comes in three parts:
1) A Skype client that runs on your desktop computer that retrieves your current status and updates a REST server.
2) A REST server that hosts your current status.
3) A Raspberry PI 2 client that polls the REST server to get your latest status and illuminates LEDs based on the value of your Skype status.
Note: Each piece can be hosted separately or parts #1 and #2 can be combined to run on the desktop computer in the same application (SkypeMonitor). The benefit to running on Azure allows local IP address to change (ie DHCP renewals) without requiring a configuration change/compile/deploy/restart of the Raspberry Pi client.>
Detailed instructions for configuring and deploying can be found at the GitHub site below.
Steps to Build:
- Assemble LED Breakout Kit
- Install Headers on LED Breakout Kit
- Connect LED Breakout Kit to Raspberry Pi 2 using jumpers (see schematic)
- Install Windows 10 IOT Core on Raspberry Pi 2
- Configure/Compile/Deploy software (see GitHub for detailed instructions)
- Install Raspberry PI 2 and connected LED into viewable location