- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- Free hardware application: Do I have to submit a project entry if I receive free hardware?
- Free hardware application: How many free devices are available?
- Free hardware application: How many ideas can I submit?
- Free hardware application: I was notified that I was selected to receive one of free devices. When will I receive it?
- Free hardware application: What happens if I receive free hardware and do not submit a project entry?
- Free hardware application: What kind of idea is more likely to win free hardware?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
Participants who receive free hardware and do not submit a project may be ineligible for future giveaways unless the hardware is returned.
If you receive free hardware and become unable to submit a project, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know as soon as possible. We may choose to arrange for the hardware to be shipped to another participant.
To be eligible for judging, an entry must meet the following content/technical requirements:
- You must create a free Arduino.cc account and register as a participant for this contest.
- Projects should be submitted in the English language.
- Your project must be created using an Arduino MKR FOX 1200.
- Your project must be relevant to the theme of the contest.
- Your final project must be fully documented and submitted on Arduino Project Hub with the project template.
- Your final project documentation must include the following:
c) BOM (bill of materials)
e) Code on Arduino Web Editor) CAD (if relevant to the project)
- Your entry must be your own original work.
- Your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest.
- You must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for You to submit your entry.
- Your entry may not include any third party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (music, images, video, recognizable people) unless you have obtained permission to use the materials.
- Project documentation
- Story/instructions: Show how you created your project, including images, screenshots, and/or video, here a tutorial on how to submit your project
- BOM: Detail the hardware components as well as apps you used
- Schematics: Use software like Fritzing.org, draw your circuit diagrams, detailed photographs
- Code: Include working code with helpful comments. (We really encourage you to use the Arduino Web Editor to write your code.)
- Creativity: How does your project fit into the Arduino MKR FOX 1200 theme?
- A trip to Sigfox Headquarters in Toulouse, France + an RS Pro oscilloscope + an RS Pro soldering station + a Seeed Studio Grove Kit + a trip to Maker Faire Rome (1st - 3rd December 2017)
- An RS Pro oscilloscope + an RS Pro soldering station + a Seeed Studio Grove Kit
- A Seeed Studio Grove Kit
Submit your concept by September 15th, 2017.
If you are not already a member, you will need to create a free arduino.cc account.
Register for the contest by clicking "Register as a participant" on the right column of the main contest page.
Add a new project by November 15th, 2017 clicking the "Add my Project" button and following the submission template.
Share detailed instructions with images in the story section
Share the bill of materials
Share the electronics schematics
Share the CAD files (if relevant)
When done with all the documentation hit "Publish" on the project preview page.
July 27, 2017 at 9:00 AM PT
Applications for hardware close:
September 15, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT
November 15, 2017 at 10:00 AM PT
November 25, 2017
Winners of free devices will be announced individually by email on a rolling basis.
Contest winners will be announced on November 25, 2017. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at the time of entry:
- You are a hobbyist or professional in the field of technology development.
- If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this challenge.
- You are not an Arduino employee.
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.