- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- Free hardware application: Do I have to submit a project entry if I receive free hardware?
- Free hardware application: How many free devices are available?
- Free hardware application: How many ideas can I submit?
- Free hardware application: I was notified that I was selected to receive one of free devices. When will I receive it?
- Free hardware application: What happens if I receive free hardware and do not submit a project entry?
- Free hardware application: What kind of idea is more likely to win free hardware?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
Participants who receive free hardware and do not submit a project may be ineligible for future giveaways unless the hardware is returned.
If you receive free hardware and become unable to submit a project, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know as soon as possible. We may choose to arrange for the hardware to be shipped to another participant.
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of eTo be eligible for judging, an entry must meet the following content/technical requirements:
To win a free AT&T IoT Starter Kit:
· You must create a free Hackster.io account and register as a participant for this contest.
· Your original idea must be submitted via the idea form.
· Ideas should be submitted in the English language.
· Your idea must include use of the AT&T IoT Starter Kit.
To win one of the Grand Prizes:
1. Your project must be created using the AT&T IoT Starter Kit, AT&T cellular connectivity and PubNub. Special consideration will be given to those who use AT&T M2X or Flow Designer.
2. Your project must be relevant to the theme of the contest, and must be a novel solution that solves a real-world business need
3. Your final project must be fully documented on Hackster with the project template.
4. Your final project must be submitted using the project template.
5. Your final project must consist of the following materials:
f. CAD (if relevant to the project)
· your entry must be your own original work; and
· your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
· you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
· your entry may not include any third party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (music, images, video, recognizable people) unless you have obtained permission to use the materials.
Winners are selected based on the following criteria:
Free AT&T IoT Starter Kit Prize:
· The way you describe and present your idea. The easier to understand, the better!
· Demonstrated use of AT&T IoT Starter Kit
· Are you using the AT&T IoT Starter Kit to the full extent of its potential? Are you using it in ways never seen before?
· Your idea doesn't have to be original, but it should be creative (a fresh take on an old idea is often worth as much as a brand new idea).
Main Contest Entries:
YOUR PROJECT MUST MAKE USE OF THE AT&T IoT Starter Kit, AT&T cellular connectivity and PubNub OR YOUR ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Special consideration will be given to those who use AT&T M2X or Flow Designer.
· Story/Instructions – Show how you created your project, including images, screenshots, and/or video
· BOM – Detail the hardware components as well as apps you used
· Schematics – Use software like Fritzing.org, draw your circuit diagrams, and/or take detailed photographs
· Code – Include working code with helpful comments
· Great photographs, videos, and screenshots are worth a thousand words. Ask yourself: "If I were a beginner reading this project, would I understand how to recreate it?"
Creativity: Your idea doesn't have to be original, but it should be creative (a fresh take on an old idea is often worth as much as a brand new idea).
- Showcase your project on stage with AT&T at the AT&T Developer Summit! Domestic Airfare + Hotel + $1250 gift card. To qualify, project must be submitted by December 22, 2016. **AT&T Developer Summit is in Las Vegas on January 3-4, 2017 ***PRIZE AWAR...
- $2000 Gift Certificate
- $1250 Gift Certificate
- $750 Gift Certificate
- Win an iPad Pro!
- Win an iPad Pro!
- Win an iPad Pro!
- Win an iPad Pro!
How to apply for a free AT&T IoT Starter Kit:
· Submit your idea by Dec 22, 2016
· If you are not already a member, you will need to create a free Hackster.io account.
· Register for the contest by clicking "Register as a participant" on the main contest page.
· Submit your idea by clicking "Apply to receive an AT&T IoT Starter Kit" and filling in the form.
· Participant agrees to pay local tax at customs if applicable in order to receive the free AT&T IoT Starter Kit.
· Please note, AT&T IoT Starter Kits will only be shipped to domestic US addresses.
· Please wait a few weeks while we review and moderate your idea submission.
How to submit your project to win one of the grand prizes:
· You can submit a project even if you didn't win a free AT&T IoT Starter Kit.
· Build and submit your project by Apr 2, 2017
· Build your project using the AT&T IoT Starter Kit.
· Add a new project by clicking the + symbol at the top right side of the screen and following the submission template.
· Share detailed instructions with images in the story section
· Share the bill of materials
· Share the electronics schematics
· Share the source code (optionally via Github or Bitbucket)
· Share the CAD files (if relevant)
· Teams of up to 3 people are allowed.
November 17, 2016 at 8:00 AM PT
Applications for hardware close:
December 22, 2016 at 11:59 PM PT
April 2, 2017 at 11:55 PM PT
April 24, 2017
Winners of free devices will be announced individually by email on a rolling basis.
Contest winners will be announced on April 24, 2017. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
- You are a hobbyist or professional in the field of technology development; and
- If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this challenge.
- You are a resident of the United States.
- You are not involved in the execution or administration of this Challenge; and
- You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Hackster employee;
- You are not an AT&T employee
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.