During Boring lectures we used to play Tip Tap Game in class using Scietific calculator...!!! One who Tapped the button, maximum number of time per Minute is the winner....
FRDM kinetis K82F has Onboard TouchPad so I got idea the of doing this game with it.
Materials and Softwares
- FREEDOM kinetis K82F is a tiny,handy and Powerful Board its comes with preloaded Bubble program (RGB light whose color changes with changes in accelerometer values).
- First Sign in to NXP.com
- Get the kinetis IDE from below link
- Download the windows drivers from
- Get the Bootloader from
- To load the boot loader press and hold RESET button in K82F and connect the usb and release the button
- you will get BOOTLOADER Disk file in my computer copy and paste the downloaded K82F bootloader in it.
- Thats it your Board is ready to take the program.
How I made Tip Tap Game
You can get lot of example programs from NXP sdk file or you can ask question in NXP community site.
I went through the example of Touch sensor interface program and made certain changes in it. Entire details about Touch Sensing Input is given at K82 Family Reference manual Page no.2161
You can connect up to 16 Capactive Touch pad to K82F and it is powered by Electrode Oscillator. TouchPad can be operated by both polling and interrupt methods and Low Power Mode and DMA Function Support is also available.
I made a program to get the number of taps in touch sensor and display it serially via UART 4.
K82F Code Google Drive link
A video on how to Upload the program is given at NXP site
I made a video on testing the Touchpad in FRDM K82F
Then made a Windows application using Visual Studio, To get the number of taps via UART and display it
When you start the Game, A 60 seconds timer runs in the background and the number of taps is recorded and displayed. After 60 seconds the application stops the timer and displays the total number of taps in 60 second.
I'm gonna improve this to a Multiplayer Game by using the second onboard Touchpad and record the individual total number of taps of both the players simultaneously using interrupts.
Start Building and start playing with your friends and have Fun.....!!!!!