Software apps and online services
Welcome to my living room!
This project explains how to monitor devices in your home. This Arduino project is an All in One project with several wireless technologies:
- RF 433 MHz
To control several devices:
- Living room lamps
- Bedroom lamp
- RGB LED strips
- Raspberry pi
- ...or all your devices based on IR or RF wireless technologies.
It's thus easy to manage your TV or other IR device, lamps in your home (not only in the living room plugged to 433MHz power outlet and LED strip colors. I created this project because it was very complicated to manage several remotes controls types. IR remote controls 433MHz Chacon remote control 433MHz Etekcity remote control...and I couldn't create events/triggers without Cayenne features.Control all your devices with wireless technologies
- | 433MHz power outlet | Room | Devices | Etekcity 1 | Living room | Projector light
- | Etekcity 2 | Living room | Circle LED light
- | Etekcity 4 | Living room | Samsung TV
- | Chacon 2 | Living room | Raspberry pi
- | Chacon 4 | Kitchen | Light
- | Chacon 3 | Bed room | Light
- | Etekcity 3 | Entrance | LED garland
- | IR remote control | Room | Devices
- | TV | Living room | Samsung TV remote
- | Speaker | Living room | Sony speaker remote
- | Circle LED light | Living room | Circle LED light remote
- | LED strips | Room | Devices
- | TV strip | Living room | Horizontal LED strip
- | Furniture strip | Living room | Vertical LED strip
Cayenne replaces all remote controls!
Now my living room is fully connected.DemoWhat's Connected
- 2 x RGB 5050 LED Strips
- 433MHz power outlet (Chacon & Zap)
- 433MHz transmitter
- 1 x IR LED
- Arduino Ethernet shield or
- Wemos D1 Wifi (based on esp8266) or
- Arduino wifi esp8266 module
- 1 x 9V / 12V external power supply
- Wago connectors
- 2 x ULN2803
I made this IoT project with 1 breadboard to minimize space. It's not perfect yet, but I optimized as much as possible the space. My sketch is fully compatible with:
- Arduino Ethernet shield
- Wemos D1 Wifi based on esp8266
I prefer to use Wemos D1 to have a wireless connection to Cayenne because my internet box is on the other side of my living room and I don't want to pull RJ45 cables in my home. The project is transportable, the whole is on a breadboard (Arduino board plugged with elastic + all required components).
It's easy to create interaction between your device with Cayenne features.
- If I turn on my TV, Then I turn on TV LED strip
- If I turn off my TV, Then I turn off TV LED strip
It's easy to create automation with Cayenne features.
- Turn on the light in my bedroom automatically at 7:00 am
- Turn on the light in my living room automatically at 7:10 am
- Turn off the light in my living room automatically at 9:00 am
- Turn on the light in my living room automatically at 8:00 pm
With Cayenne buttons:
- Good night dashboard button to turn all (IR + 433MHz + LED strips) OFF
- Good morning dashboard button to turn all (IR + 433MHz + LED strips) ON
- Ambiance 1 button to turn 1 lamp + 1 LED Strip ON
- Ambiance 2 button to turn 2 lamps + 2 LED Strips + Sony speaker ON
- Ambiance 3 button to turn 4 lamps + 2 LED Strips + Samsung TV ON
There are several scripts in this video:
Turn on/off all devices. (Good night button: Great feature before going to bed). Run Cayenne triggers (Example: If I turn on TV, the TV LED strip automatically turns on...)
- Turn on/off specific device.
- Turn on/off several devices with scenario.
- Change LED strips colors and Circle LED strip light.
Watch my video & turn up the sound to hear action clicks (I hope you like dogs):
07 April Update:
here - includes code update!