Now a days, the consumption of junk food is increasing day by day. As a result, we can see large queue at the hospitals & huge consumption of medicines.
I am one of those foodies who can't resist the junk food even after knowing the consequences. And now I am suffering with some health issues due to which I need to take the medicines prescribed by doctor regularly, for 3 months.
Sometimes I haven't remembered to take medicines on time & my Mother used to remind me.
What if my Mother is out for some work & I don't remember it then?
Thanks to Bolt IoT, using which I built a system "Smart Medicine Reminder" in just few hours. And all of mine as well as my mother's tensions are solved.
Let's see how to build this "Smart Medicine Reminder":-# Hardware Connections:-
1) Take the Bolt wi-fi module & Buzzer.
2) Connect the longer (+ve) leg of the buzzer to pin - "0" of Bolt device.
3) Connect the shorter (-ve) leg of the buzzer to pin - "GND" of Bolt device.
NOTE:- Make these connections with the help of M/F wires & breadboard as shown below.
- Link your Bolt device with Bolt cloud.
- Create a free account on Integromat.
- After signup, click on "Create a new scenario" & search for "Bolt IoT", select & continue.
- Click on "?" (Question mark) on the screen then click "Bolt IoT" > "Execute Command" > "add".
- Now write your API key in the API key tab & continue.
( If you don't know how to get API key, go to www.cloud.boltiot.com & click on API icon on left > "Enable" > "Eye symbol". Copy the API key from here)
- In command tab add "Write digital Output". Also, add your "Device Id" ( visit your bolt cloud account & in Devices tab you will get your device id. Ex: BOLTXXXXXXX ), pin - "0", state - HIGH.
- Now, click on tools icon below & select "Sleep" & add delay of atleast 10 seconds.
Through this step we can make the buzzer ring for some significant time so that the person can actually hear it.
- Now, add a new module > "Bolt IoT" to switch OFF the buzzer.
For this all you need to is make the state as LOW & rest of the details will remain same as 1st module.
- Now click on the clock in the 1st Bolt module.
1) In the "Run scenario" click on "At Regular Interval".
2) Choose interval at which you want the reminder.
3) Go to the "Advanced scheduling" tab & add "time from", "time to", "Days" & "Months" as per your requirement.
- Now, click on save option below to save the scenario.
==> Make sure to turn ON the scheduling button at the bottom of your scenario.
==> Then run your scenario to make your system work properly.
Now your project setup is done. Connect the Bolt module with a USB cable & you can live without taking stress of remembering the time to take medicines.