Expanding upon my 1st Hackster.IO project based upon the MKR1000 board, I used what I learned and extra hardware from that build to learn about the Particle.IO platform using the Photon.
(below is a link to 1st project, which has Robot Platform build information and code ideas).
1. Gather your tools
2. Gather your hardware- an Adafruit Basic Robot using 4 wheels instead of 2.
(for assembly of platform see my previous MKR1000 Robot build or visit Adafruit's website: https://learn.adafruit.com/simple-raspberry-pi-robot/overview )
1 / 2 • 4 Wheeled Adafruit Basic Robot front and rear DC motors wired in parallel(bottom view)
3. Mount L298N DC Motor Driver onto assembled Robot chassis and using Dupont Male to Female jumper wires connect to Photon board on breakout board.
1 / 2 • L298N wired to Photon on breakout board
4. Using local or web-client from Particle.IO revise code according to your "device code" and " access token". See Photon example/DEMO code for "Web-based LED control" :
5. Use my code as an example. Initial setup and tests.
6. Here is a short video of Web page control and my Simple Robot in action.