Software apps and online services
Hand tools and fabrication machines
The dazzling infinity mirror effect is achieved using two mirrors: a regular mirror with LEDs in front of it, and a second one-way mirror that reflects the LED image back onto the fully reflective mirror. The result is a series of smaller and smaller reflections that recede into an infinite distance.
They are amazing to behold, and not too challenging to put together. Here are some of my favourite infinity mirror projects, from the basic infinity mirror to more unusual applications: clocks, tables, pendants, and props.
I will be using the same idea to make a badge for the BadgeLove Competition.
An infinity badge is a magical illusion badge that gives a perception of great depth to a very thin mirror array. The perceived depth can be very many feet even though the mirror may not be actually deeper than a couple of inches.Let's dive into how to make the Infinite Badge with Infinite Power
- Cardboard or a wood frame
- Paint - preferably Black
- Glass as per the shape and dimension of your choice
- Mirror as per the shape and dimension of your choice
- LED strip - Buy here
- Arduino Uno - Buy here
- One-way mirror film
Steps to Do
- Prepare the glass by making it perfectly clean.
- Spray the glass with a little water and a drop of wash liquid.
- Take the roll of one way mirror film and cut a piece a couple of inches bigger than the mirror.
- Remove the backing from the one way mirror film. Lay it over the glass pane. Starting from one corner, spray some liquid soap as you slowly lay this over the glass. Smooth out any bubbles and leave to dry.
- Obtain a mirror with the same size as the framed glass that was tinted.
- Secure the tinted glass with glue - This will our front facing part of the badge.
- Add a inner frame to hold the mirror when it is placed on lights.
- Connection of the APA 102 to Arduino can be done as per the connection given below.
- Video of the Connected LED Strip using Arduino Uno.
- After the connection, properly insert the led strip to the edge of the frame and provide a way to get the wires out through a groove.
- Finally, stack up everything in proper order and connect the battery to see your badge showcased with infinite power.