Software apps and online services
Traditionally waste collections have been inefficient, targeting each and every trash bin without really knowing if the bins were full or empty. Checking the waste containers regularly might have also been difficult due to remote locations or difficult access.
Bin level sensor provide users the capability of knowing the fill-level of each waste container in real time so that they can take data driven actions ahead of time. Along with a live monitoring platform waste collection staff can plan ahead how collections are implemented, targeting only the locations of full trash bins.
- Garbage level sensors reduce operational costs
- Bin sensors help cities eliminate overflowing trash bins
- Easy to install and maintain
Building the Devices
- Using I2C connect all sensors's SDA and SCL pin to ESP8266/Arduino 's SDA and SCL
- Connect all sensors' ground and vcc pin to ESP8266/Arduino 's ground and 3.3v
Setting up Cayenne Widget
When air quality is bad or the bin is full, you will get a SMS text notification and the led light will light up.
- Use low power cellular connectivity to place where there are no wifi connection but eventually cost will increase.