Studies have shown that doodling could improve memory retention by up to 30% and that exposing your brain to creating intricate patterns (i.e. adult colouring books) could relieve stress and anxiety. This project is a fun drawing application designed to highlight the touch functions of the Gen4 Displays. This project uses a gen4-uLCD-70DT which is perfect because of its size.Implementation:
1. There's no external circuit required for this project. Just set up your gen4 HMI display.Step1: Program
- Download the project code here.
- Open the projects using Workshop 4. This project uses the Visi Environment.
- You can modify the properties of each widgets and buttons.
- Click on the “Compile” button. Note: This step could be skipped. However, compiling is essential for debugging purposes
- Connect the display to the PC. Make sure that you are connected to the right port. Red Button indicates that the device is not connected, Blue Button indicates that the device is connected to the right port.
- Go back to “Home” tab. This time, click on the “Comp’nLoad” button.
- Workshop 4 IDE will prompt you to select a drive to copy the image files to a uSD Card. After selecting the correct drive, click OK.
- When the uSD card is not yet inserted, this message will appear on your gen4 Display: "Drive not mounted"
- After inserting your uSD card the GUI will be loaaded on your display.
Here are the forms that you will see inside this project. Take note that you can still costumize this with Workshop 4 IDE