Software apps and online services
This carbonator would be powered by the reaction of baking soda and vinegar. The reaction is slightly exothermic, and it produces twice as much volume as its ingredients.
The carbonator would be comprised of 2 chambers, both modular as well as volume changing. One side of the appliance would be the "reactor" and the other side the "carbonation chamber."Results
My first attempt was large, bulky and unwieldy:
In order to change the volume of the cylinder, simply turn the screw, and the interior plate would move forward or backward.
Issues: Pressure escape and incredible friction when turning.
Immediately, friction became the least of my problems when M2 couldn't hold any sort of air pressure. Two caps would cover the hollow interior of the pin.
Next, M4 was the most advanced.
Two caps would cover the hollow interior of the pin.
Issues: Small amount of leaking so I applied Vaseline to threads. Leaking persisted, however, at much lower rates than M1 and M2 combined. Caps would lock, and Vaseline would make it too slippery to grip.Fix: M5
Caps with nubs would assist in detachment. Different size threads were used "ISO. pipe threads." Different size threads were used "ISO. pipe threads." Threading thereby solved leaking issue out of the rest of my carbonator, however, I have learned much from this project.
For example: I have learned to look to other successes, and draw inspiration from them. I have learned how to use Autodesk 360 quite well. I have learned how to 3d print! and I've had fun all the way.
Thank you for your time.