If you want a fast portable device that you can measure surface temperature with, you can use this simple solution with Infra-Grid Module and simple LCD Monitor.
All you need to do is to take the device and place it somewhere where you want to measure the temperature. For example behind the entrance so your employees can see their body temperature when they are going to the job.
You will need the Split Module, Battery Module, LCD Module, Infra Grid Module, and Core Module - NR. It can run on batteries, you can use Mini or Standard version of the battery module but it is better to use Standard with 4 cells.
Put it all together as shown on the picture below and you will be ready to move onto the next step
This is how it should look when you are finished with the assembly.
- Download HARDWARIO Playground,
- Flash firmware to the Core Module that was made for this project. You will find in the Playground by name: bcf-infra-grid-lcd-mirror
- How to flash firmware is shown in the documentation.
Take the device put it in front of you and measure your body temperature, place it in front of your heater so you know the efficiency of your heating system, there are a lot of possibilities with this solution.
If you press the button on the LCD Module you will see the temperature on the middle pixel. You can also set the optimal temperature and the LED will tell you if the temperature is less or more than you have set(RED means MORE, GREEN means LESS).
You can use this device to measure almost any surface so just feel free to place it anywhere you want. There is no additional connectivity so you can carry it around without the fear that you will lose the signal.
Feel free to ask any questions about this project.
- Visit HARDWARIO page on hackster.io for more interesting projects or go directly to their website
- Go to HARDWARIO documentation to learn more about their modules and other possibilities of the platform.
- Try more firmware from HARDWARIO Playground or write your own, it is easy to start.
- Because everything is Open source you can get all firmware on GitHub, get some inspiration and try to make your own applications.
- Get your own HARDWARIO Hub to replace your computer in this project so you have always access to your applications.
- Check out more applications that can be used with HARDWARIO IoT Kit in Integrations section.